Only Heavy Metal

Noticas de Heavy Metal y Hard Rock en español. Foro Independiente con todas las novedades del mundo del Metal.

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 7 mensajes ] 
Autor Mensaje
 Asunto: ASIA nuevo disco
NotaPublicado: Vie Feb 07, 2014 2:26 am 
Ready To Rock
Ready To Rock

ASIA nuevo disco "Gravitas"

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/asiatheband

El nuevo disco de Asia "Gravitas" será lanzado por Frontiers Records el 21 de marzo.

La banda comenzó a trabajar en el disco, que originalmente se iba a llamar Valkyrie el año pasado tras la marcha de Steve Howe y el anuncio de que Coulson (guitarra) ocuparía su lugar.

Carl Palmer comenta de Gravitas: "La incorporación de Sam nos permitió llevar la banda en una dirección ligeramente diferente, y tal vez más difícil. Hemos sido capaces de crecer, mientras que al mismo tiempo nos mantenemos fieles al sonido clásico que nuestros fans conocen y aman".

El vocalista John Wetton añade: "Es puro Asia, sin adulterar, con energía bruta, entusiasmo y libre de impurezas. Transmite desde el espectro de las emociones y el color de la agonía de la vida real, a la fantasía del éxtasis del escapismo."

El álbum de nueve pistas estará disponible en los formatos de CD, digitales, y en una edición de lujo que incluye dos bonus tracks acústicos y un DVD con un video de Valkyrie, un EPK y canciones en vivo.

Imagen

01. Valkyrie
02. Gravitas
03. The Closer I Get To You
04. Nyctophobia
05. Russian Dolls
06. Heaven Help Me Now
07. I Would Die For You
08. Joe Di Maggio’s Glove
09. Till We Meet Again
10. The Closer I Get To You (acoustic bonus)
11. Joe Di Maggio’s Glove (acoustic bonus)

Imagen

John Wetton - voz y bajo
Carl Palmer - batería
Geoff Downes- teclados
Sam Coulson- guitarra

http://www.frontiers.it/news/10704/

Asunto: Re: ASIA nuevo disco
NotaPublicado: Vie Feb 07, 2014 10:58 am 
Guitar Hero
Guitar Hero

25beber.gif buena noticia

NotaPublicado: Mar Jun 17, 2014 1:42 am 
Ready To Rock
Ready To Rock

ASIA lanzarán el CD/DVD "High Voltage"

Frontiers Records lanzará un CD/DVD en vivo de ASIA titulado "High Voltage" el 22 de agosto en Europa y el 26 de agosto en Norteamérica. El concierto fue grabado el 24 de julio de 2010 en la inauguración del Festival High Voltage en Victoria Park, Londres, con la formación original (con Steve Howe en la guitarra), y la interpretación de material clásico de los años 80, además de canciones de los dos primeros álbumes de su reunión, "Phoenix" y "Omega".

Imagen

CD:

01. Only Time Will Tell
02. Wildest Dreams
03. One Step Closer
04. An Extraordinary Life
05. Time Again
06. Cutting It Fine
07. Without You
08. I Believe
09. Here Comes The Feeling
10. Sole Survivor
11. Heat Of The Moment

DVD:

01. Only Time Will Tell
02. Wildest Dreams
03. One Step Closer
04. An Extraordinary Life
05. Time Again
06. Cutting It Fine
07. Without You
08. I Believe
09. Here Comes The Feeling
10. Sole Survivor
11. Heat Of The Moment

Citar:
Frontiers Records will release ASIA's newest live CD/DVD package titled "High Voltage" on August 22 in Europe and August 26 in North America. Recorded on July 24, 2010 at the inaugural High Voltage Festival in Victoria Park, London, this ASIA live CD/DVD captures the band, in the original lineup (featuring Steve Howe on guitar), performing classic material from the '80s, plus songs from the first two albums of its reunion, "Phoenix" and "Omega".

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/asia-t ... adlines%29

NotaPublicado: Sab May 09, 2015 1:12 am 
Ready To Rock
Ready To Rock

ASIA nuevo disco "Axis XXX Live In San Francisco MMXII"

Fronteras Music Srl lanzará un nuevo directo de ASIA titulado "Axis XXX Live In San Francisco MMXII" en dos CD / DVD y formatos Blu-ray el 3 de julio en Europa y el 10 de julio en Norteamérica.

Grabado el 7 de noviembre de 2012 en el "Regency Ballroom" en San Francisco, presenta una vez más la banda con la alineación original, durante uno de los conciertos de apoyo al álbum "XXX" y que fue retransmitido por AXS TV en EE.UU..

Imagen

CD1

01. Introduction
02. Only Time Will Tell
03. Wildest Dreams
04. Face On The Bridge
05. Time Again
06. Tomorrow The World
07. Ride Easy
08. Pyramidology
09. The Golden Mean
10. I Know How You Feel
11. Don't Cry
12. The Smile Has Left Your Eyes

CD2

01. Cutting It Fine
02. Holy War/Drum Solo
03. An Extraordinary Life
04. Here Comes The Feeling
05. Open Your Eyes
06. Sole Survivor
07. Heat Of The Moment

DVD / Blu-ray:

01. Introduction
02. Only Time Will Tell
03. Wildest Dreams
04. Face On The Bridge
05. Time Again
06. Tomorrow The World
07. Ride Easy
08. Pyramidology
09. The Golden Mean
10. I Know How You Feel
11. Don't Cry
12. The Smile Has Left Your Eyes
13. Cutting It Fine
14. Holy War/Drum Solo
15. An Extraordinary Life
16. Here Comes The Feeling
17. Open Your Eyes
18. Sole Survivor
19. Heat Of The Moment

Imagen

John Wetton: bajo y voz
Carl Palmer: bateria
Steve Howe: guitarra
Geoff Downes: teclados

Citar:
ASIA to release officially their historic performance at the San Francisco Regency Ballroom « Axis XXX Live in San Francisco MMXII» out on Frontiers in June

Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the release of ASIA’s new live audio visual release “Axis XXX Live in San Francisco MMXII » in 2cd/dvd and blu-ray formats on June 19th in Europe and June 23rd in North America.

Recorded on November 7th, 2012 at the Regency Ballroom in San Francisco, this new ASIA live CD / DVD and Blu Ray captures once again the band, in the original line-up, in front of an ecstatic audience during one of the shows that ASIA performed in support of the “XXX” album and which was broadcasted by AXS TV in the USA.

With HD recording this new live album is truly a rewarding experience for all ASIA fans. After the recent DVD releases, this is Asia performing one of the very last shows featuring the original line up with: Geoff Downes, Steve Howe, Carl Palmer and John Wetton live on the road, in-your face and for your viewing pleasure.

The set list features songs from their first two albums and selected cuts from the reunion albums, including the single from the “XXX” album, “Face on the Bridge”. This is a historical document of where the band was at the time and a snapshot of their musicianship, camaraderie and passion. This live CD - DVD or Blu-ray is an irreplaceable companion to the “XXX” studio album.

According to John Wetton, AXIS is “A journey through ASIA's history, from 'Alpha to Omega' and more, in the beautiful setting of the Regency Ballroom, San Francisco, California. Much newer material is aired, plus the band's vintage hit songs performed by all four original members of ASIA. A stunning recording, an unmissable treat for any ASIA fan, new or old."

Formed at the dawn of the MTV era, Asia’s first release was the best selling album in the world in 1982 and sat at the number 1 spot in the USA for 9 weeks, powered by the classic rock anthem, “Heat Of The Moment,” and four other radio hits. Asia’s 1983 sophomore album, Alpha, also went multi-platinum and enjoyed several hit singles, including the #1 smash, “Don’t Cry”. During the recording of its third disc, the band splintered, and by the 1990s, only Geoff Downes remained from the original line-up.

“Axis XXX Live in San Francisco MMXII” tracklisting includes :
Cd1 - Introduction; Only Time Will Tell; Wildest Dreams; Face On The Bridge; Time Again; Tomorrow The World; Ride Easy; Pyramidology; The Golden Mean; I Know How You Feel; Don't Cry; The Smile Has Left Your Eyes.
Cd2 - Cutting It Fine; Holy War/Drum Solo; An Extraordinary Life; Here Comes The Feeling; Open Your Eyes; Sole Survivor; Heat Of The Moment.
Dvd // BLU RAY - Introduction; Only Time Will Tell; Wildest Dreams; Face On The Bridge; Time Again; Tomorrow The World; Ride Easy; Pyramidology; The Golden Mean; I Know How You Feel; Don’t Cry; The Smile Has Left Your Eyes; Cutting It Fine; Holy War/Drum Solo; An Extraordinary Life; Here Comes The Feeling; Open Your Eyes; Sole Survivor; Heat Of The Moment.

https://www.facebook.com/frontiersmusic ... 0839008635

NotaPublicado: Jue May 28, 2015 6:33 pm 
Ready To Rock
Ready To Rock

ASIA: "Here Comes the Feeling" adelanto "Axis XXX Live in San Francisco MMXII"

NotaPublicado: Mié Feb 01, 2017 2:47 am 
Ready To Rock
Ready To Rock

Fallece John Wetton (bajo y voz) de ASIA

John Wetton falleció a primera hora de la mañana del martes 31 de enero, después de una larga batalla contra un cáncer de colon.

John se hizo famoso con KING CRIMSON a principios de los años 70 durante la icónica época "Red" y más tarde formó la banda UK. A principios de los 80, fue miembro fundador del supergrupo ASIA, que fue su mayor éxito comercial. El álbum de debut de la banda en 1982 fue el más vendido de ese año e incluía el éxito "Heat Of The Moment".

Imagen

Comunicado de la banda:

Citar:
John Wetton 1949-2017

It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of John Wetton early this morning. There is so much that could be said about John’s “extraordinary life,” but Carl and Geoff wonderfully capture the feelings of the entire Asia family.

CARL PALMER STATEMENT ON THE PASSING OF JOHN WETTON

“With the passing of my good friend and musical collaborator, John Wetton, the world loses yet another musical giant. John was a gentle person who created some of the most lasting melodies and lyrics in modern popular music. As a musician, he was both brave and innovative, with a voice that took the music of ASIA to the top of the charts around the world. His ability to triumph over alcohol abuse made him an inspiration to many who have also fought that battle. For those of us who knew him and worked with him, his valiant struggle against cancer was a further inspiration. I will miss his talent, his sense of humor and his infectious smile. May you ride easy, my old friend.

Carl Palmer.”

GEOFF DOWNES STATEMENT ON THE PASSING OF JOHN WETTON

“It is with great sadness and a heavy heart, that I have to report we have lost my dearest friend, brother, bandmate and long term musical collaborator, John Wetton, who has passed away after a long and tenacious battle with cancer. He will be remembered as one of the world’s finest musical talents, and I for one of many was wholly blessed by his influence. It was a massive privilege for me to have worked with this genius so closely on our numerous projects together over the years. His bass playing was revolutionary. His voice was from the gods. His compositions – out of this world. His sense of melody and harmony – unreal. He was literally a ‘special one’.

But John was much more than a gigantic and unique musical talent. He was a supremely intelligent man, marked with his great observations and wisdom about life; all couched within his wicked sense of humour. The wit was dark and deep, only fully perceptible to those on his same wavelength. I was fortunate enough to be able to be on that wavelength, and discover that we had much in common. Many of his personal life experiences were reflected in his lyrical contributions to the songs. His heart was always in the music. That was John, through and through. It was always about – the music.

As a person, he was fiercely loyal, loving and generous, particularly to those he cared about. But he could be as stubborn as a mule or as gracious as a nobleman, depending on the mood that grabbed him on any particular day. There were some who couldn’t read his brilliant mind and complex personality. Some found him charming, others infuriating. But however you found John, there was no denying his rare talent as a musician and songwriter was second to none.

Both of us having been brought up with similar backgrounds in provincial England, we shared a love of many things – sport, and in particular – football, English church music, current affairs, comedy, literature, you name it….pretty much everything that 2 kids from the sticks were exposed to in our youth.

Our planets seemed to be immediately in alignment when we first met in early 1981. There was a laddish camaraderie that grew between us as we became as close as two non-related brothers could be. He was an avid reader and film enthusiast, something he pursued with great interest. This helped inspire him to some wonderful lyrics to the literally hundreds of songs we composed together. Back then, we immediately hit the ground running as we composed much of the debut ASIA album together and forged a formidable partnership which lasted right up until now. It was a wholly natural process for us, whereby we could knock out 2 or 3 songs in an afternoon. They were always greeted with our gentlemanly handshake and smiles once we had wrapped up another one in the bag.

Above all else though, his passion for life was to the fore. The battles he endured throughout were immense and well documented. Firstly with alcohol, which he so resolutely overcame, then open heart surgery and finally cancer, which sadly was to take his life in the end. He once observed to me that this disease is a “merciless assassin”. Just another example of his perception and the descriptive language that he was so richly blessed with. He took all of these battles on board with great bravery and almost a ‘laissez-faire’ attitude, tinged with his inimitable wry wit.

To say I will miss my him greatly is beyond understatement. He was such an inspiration to me. We were planning another album, but sadly he was not well enough to complete it. I feel heartbroken about this, as I knew John thought it was to be one of our finest albums to date. I remain as proud as ever of our Wetton/Downes writing partnership. I am hoping one day that I will be able to finish it, and that it will be appreciated by all those who loved his and our music, and most importantly, a legacy he would have been proud of.

Life will not be the same without him. And words are not really enough to describe the loss I feel right now, and the many friends and fans all over the World will also be feeling. It is the end of an era for all of us. But we will soldier on – the music of John Wetton needs to be heard loud and clear from the rooftops.

Dearest John, may you rest in peace brother.

Geoffrey

Please join me in sending our sincerest thoughts and prayers to Lisa, Dylan and the entire Wetton family at this difficult time.”
http://originalasia.com/john-wetton-1949-2017/

NotaPublicado: Jue Feb 02, 2017 12:32 pm 
Heavy Metal Hamster
Heavy Metal Hamster

Justamente los estaba escuchando ahora....descanse en paz,una gran voz que se va.

La confianza duele,
porque la confianza es igual al sufrimiento...

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 7 mensajes ]