Only Heavy Metal

Noticas de Heavy Metal y Hard Rock en español. Foro Independiente con todas las novedades del mundo del Metal.

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 112 mensajes ]  Ir a página Anterior  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Siguiente
Autor Mensaje
 Asunto: Re: ICED EARTH vuelve a Century Media
NotaPublicado: Mié Jun 08, 2011 9:14 pm 
Heavy Metal Hamster
Heavy Metal Hamster

excelente...

NotaPublicado: Lun Jun 13, 2011 11:26 pm 
Killing Machine
Killing Machine

Lo nuevo de ICED EARTH se titulará Dystopia

Será el primer disco con el cantante Stu Block

Los norteamericanos ICED EARTH lanzarán este año "Dystopia", su futuro álbum, con Century Media Records. Se trata del primer trabajo en el que cantará el reemplazo de Matt Barlow, Stu Block (INTO ETERNITY).

La banda interrumpirá la producción el álbum para realizar los festivales de verano, actuaciones en las que participará Barlow, tras lo cual pondrán punto y final a su realización.

Según el líder de ICED EARTH, Jon Schaffer, "nunca había tenido tantas canciones que dieran tan buenas vibraciones desde "Something Wicked This Way Comes" en 1998".

http://www.hellpress.com/index.php?opti ... a-dystopia

NotaPublicado: Lun Jun 13, 2011 11:35 pm 
Ready To Rock
Ready To Rock

ICED EARTH: Jon Schaffer desvela el título del nuevo ambum

Dystopia será el título del nuevo disco de Iced Earth, que se comenzará a grabar en Florida dentro de dos semanas. La banda pasara el verano entre EE.UU. y Europa tocando en festivales y grabando el nuevo disco.

Imagen

Citar:
Jon Schaffer Reports From Road, Reveals Name of New Iced Earth Album
Hello Gang!

Just a quick update for you from the road. We had a great weekend playing at Sweden Rock Friday and the Rock Hard festival in Germany on Saturday. The band’s having a lot of fun, and today we begin rehearsing the new songs for the forthcoming CD, titled Dystopia. We begin master tracking in Florida in 2 weeks and will be traveling between Europe and the US this summer to play festivals and finish the new album. I can honestly say that I haven’t had this many songs give me goose bumps since we recorded Something Wicked This Way Comes, way back in 1998, so this is also very exciting.

As you can imagine, it’s a very busy time for us. I think we’re all having emotional ups and downs as we’re coming to the end of an era with Matt’s retirement, and we’re also very excited about the future with Stu coming onboard, so it’s a little bit of a roller coaster ride for us. However, we are having a killer time, and Matt is performing at his absolute best and going out with pure class and style, which is always the way he rolls.

We also had a great time hanging out with the guys in Down last night at the Rock Hard festival. Freddie and my manager joined them onstage for a nice jam at the end of the show. It was brilliant and a lot of fun.

We’ll be keeping you posted on updates as things move along through the summer.

http://www.icedearth.com/home/jon-schaf ... arth-album

NotaPublicado: Vie Jun 17, 2011 1:47 am 
Heavy Metal Hamster
Heavy Metal Hamster

Es un maquinón el Stu Block como vocalista, esperemos que sepan aprovechar su voz en Iced Earth, y esperemos tambien que no se cargue los buenísimos temas que cantaba Barlow con ese toque tan especial que les daba...........muchas espectativas se presentan........

http://nurocks.blogspot.com/

NotaPublicado: Mié Jul 13, 2011 2:40 pm 
Killing Machine
Killing Machine

ICED EARTH: Más detalles sobre Dystopia

Nueva información y títulos de canciones de lo próximo de los norteamericanos

El líder de ICED EARTH, Jon Schaffer, ha informado del estado del trabajo de "Dystopia", su nuevo disco. El grupo ha terminado de grabar la batería y la guitarra rítmica y el lunes que viene volverá al estudio con Jim Morris para registrar la voz de Stu Block, el vocalista que sustituye a Matt Barlow.

Según el guitarrista, "Stu Block ha contribuido mucho a las partes vocales del disco, con créditos como coautor en diez de doce canciones". "Estoy muy feliz con nuestra química y lo que hemos logrado juntos", ha afirmado Schaffer.

Por último, el músico ha revelado algunos títulos de las canciones de "Dystopia". Serán:

"Dystopia"
"Anthem"
"Days Of Rage"
"Soylent Green"
"V"
"Boiling Point"
"Tragedy And Triumph"
"Anguish Of Youth"
"Iron Will"

http://www.hellpress.com/noticias/item/ ... topia.html

NotaPublicado: Mié Jul 27, 2011 4:40 pm 
Colaborador
Colaborador

ICED EARTH Revela la portada de "Dystopia"

Imagen

Imagen

Citar:
Although "Dystopia", ICED EARTH's 10th studio offering, is not a concept album, founder Jon Schaffer admits there are unifying themes to several of the songs — and even an appearance by band mascot "Set Abominae."

"I've always been fascinated by the darker side of life," Schaffer said during a break from master tracking ICED EARTH's forthcoming CD. "Movies like 'Metropolis', 'Brazil', and 'The Matrix' resonate with me. The same for albums like '2112', 'The Wall', and, of course, 'Operation: Mindcrime'. Their images of a soulless, repressive society stuck with me over the years. It must be the sci-fi fan in me."

In much the same way "Horror Show" (ICED EARTH's tribute to classic characters from literature and movies) was born, Schaffer said his interest in dystopian themes in music and movies led him to try his hand at that genre as well — even paying homage on the new album to the movies "Dark City", "V For Vendetta", and "Soylent Green". The end result is ICED EARTH meets the nightmarish offspring of "Brave New World" and "Blade Runner".

Of special interest to long-time fans are two songs on "Dystopia" (the title track and "Tragedy and Triumph") that feature the return of the "Something Wicked" storyline and Set Abominae — who, when last seen in "The Crucible of Man" (2008), had taken his position as ruler of the world.

"The opening song is a step back timeline-wise from the 'Come What May' track," said Schaffer. "'Come What May' [the last track on 'Crucible'] sets the scenario that it's up to us and the decisions we make that will determine the future of the human race. These two songs [on 'Dystopia'] take place at a time when people are in highly controlled prison-like city states, and their eventual emancipation in the closer, 'Tragedy and Triumph'."

In an uncanny case of art imitating life, Schaffer said Set Abominae fit perfectly with the general theme of "Dystopia".

"I remember it hit me like a ton of bricks in '97, the whole 'Something Wicked' story did," Schaffer said. "I thought, 'Man, this is going to be so cool.' Many years later, we were on tour for 'Crucible' and we were doing an interview over in Eastern Europe. A buddy of mine said, 'You know, Jon, this whole 'Something Wicked' thing could be true.' I thought about it a moment and said, 'Well, I don't know about that. But there are some creepy parallels in contemporary life.'"

"So as I was thinking about all of the great movies, albums, and books with dystopian themes, I remembered that conversation and it occurred to me that the 'Something Wicked' story could continue in a few tracks here very nicely," Schaffer said.

Schaffer admits the recording of "Dystopia" has been especially challenging because of the band's summer festival gigs requiring him to criss-cross the ocean numerous times.

Despite the challenges, Schaffer says working with new vocalist Stu Block is "a pleasure."

"You just can't ask for a better attitude," said Schaffer. "Stu is so excited to be here. He brings a youthful exuberance to the band, which is a lot of fun. And he's a real dude. He's down to earth, and willing to try anything that Jim [Morris, co-producer, engineer] or I throw at him. He's stepping into the shoes in a very natural way."

Schaffer continued: "We're opening up a part of his voice and a style of singing that he didn't even really know he had. We're exploring this whole new range. And we're just getting started. I believe Stu will continue to grow — and has the potential to grow — into one of the greats, one of the guys that will go down in metal history. If he stays on this course, with the attitude that he has, his willingness to learn, and his passion, he's destined for really great things. I firmly believe that."

Songtitles set to appear on "Dystopia":

* Dystopia
* Anthem
* Days of Rage
* Soylent Green
* V
* Boiling Point
* Anguish of Youth
* Iron Will
* Dark City
* End of Innocence
* Equilibrium
* Tragedy and Triumph

"Dystopia" is scheduled for release in Europe on October 17 and in the U.S. on October 18 via Century Media Records. Two bonus tracks are also being recording for inclusion on special editions of the album.

The release of "Dystopia" will be followed by the most extensive world tour ICED EARTH has ever undertaken.

The European leg of the 2011-2012 "World Dystopia Tour" has been posted on the band's official web site, and all official social-media sites. The trek begins October 30 in Bochum, Germany.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=161207

http://www.icedearth.com/home/iced-eart ... r-dystopia

NotaPublicado: Mié Jul 27, 2011 4:54 pm 
Killing Machine
Killing Machine

Putas ganas de escucharlo 9fumar.gif 9fumar.gif 9fumar.gif 9fumar.gif 9fumar.gif 9fumar.gif 9fumar.gif 9fumar.gif

NotaPublicado: Mié Jul 27, 2011 5:03 pm 
Colaborador
Colaborador

Ya te digo oooh.gif oooh.gif oooh.gif

NotaPublicado: Jue Sep 08, 2011 5:23 am 
Heavy Metal Hamster
Heavy Metal Hamster

ICED EARTH regraba Dante´s Inferno

Parece ser que en el momento de la grabación original, la pista del metrónomo fue borrada para poder usar mas tracks en la mezcla, cosa que solía pasar antes de la era de grabación en disco duro, por lo cual no podían tocar la canción en vivo porque no podían sincronizar los teclados pregrabados. Así que durante las sesiones de grabación del nuevo disco, Dystopia, aprovecharon para regrabarla y de paso mostrar al nuevo vocalista Stu Block.

http://www.icedearth.com/home/iced-earth-re-records-epic-%E2%80%9Cdante%E2%80%99s-inferno%E2%80%9D-gives-it-away-free

NotaPublicado: Jue Sep 08, 2011 5:13 pm 
Killing Machine
Killing Machine

Vaya vozarrón.

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 112 mensajes ]  Ir a página Anterior  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Siguiente